- free pie Wednesdays
- making you coffee
- the way you noticed my make-up or hair
- when you’d tell me that you had everything you had wished for when it was 11:11…
- going to the Art museum on free day
- the way you smelled like smoke and the expensive cologne I’d get you free samples of.
- the way you’d look at me from across the room and wink, like I was on your mind.
- driving around and singing stupid songs
- going to Cherry Berry (Chairwee Bearwee)
- talking like babies, all the time.
- waiting on you to run back into your house - because, you’d always forget something…
- writing each other notes back & forth, even though we had phones
- dream house shopping with you
- cuddling and watching every season of South Park (we had the very last season left - then we’d be through all of them).
- fighting over something, then talking like babies to get out of trouble with each other.
- the long talks we had about anything we could think of
- planning trips with all of the imaginary money we had.
- going to look at puppies, because we wanted one of our own.
- acting like we were married when we went to look at furniture
- going to the bookstore on a Friday night
- going on bike rides
- going fishing
- finding just about anything to do, for free.
- your hands, smile & laugh…
- the scar right by your eye.
- the way you wore your socks inside out…
- when you’d get mad at me for taking too long when I’d get ready
- shooting photos with you
- hearing you play guitar
- having you lay in my bed, while I show you all of my new clothes.
- you noticing when I was wearing something new…
- the way you’d make me wear the perfume you bought for me (even though it wasn’t in season).
- taking pictures of each other - everyday. I have over 5,000!
I will miss everything about you. I will especially miss the way that you made me feel beautiful everyday, even when I wasn’t looking cute or feeling well. There was something so genuine about the compliments you’d give me… It breaks my heart that you had so much support and you still felt the way you did. Now, I have a guardian angel… Hopefully you have a computer in heaven! Until next time…
I met Mike in the 8th grade, we were both in the same science class - Which, I eventually found out that Mike purposely sat close to me during group projects so we would be in the same group (and, so I would ask him for help)! I thought that was the cutest thing. Eventually we exchanged numbers and we would spend every night talking about school or I would listen to him play Fall Out Boy songs! I don’t think we knew it then, but we loved each other very much. Over the next year we dated other people - but, always talked each other out of dating anyone else for one reason or another. Then, we realized that we were both single because nobody else was good enough and we decided that we should be together… So, after about 5 months of “exclusive talking” Mike took me to the park and while we laid on the sidewalk watching the stars - he asked me to be his girlfriend. Of course, I said yes - May 12th, 2007. Through high school Mike and I did everything together - everyone knew us as a team, and thats exactly what we were. We split up over our differences, then we realized that we found everything we wanted in each other. He made up for everything I lacked and thats why I loved him. We were true high school sweethearts.. He made everything so special, leaving me notes or bringing me coffee. The smallest things were so important to us. I could go on forever about Mike and the impact that he had on my life.. but, I don’t think I could ever express my love for him in words. While I celebrate our anniversary tomorrow with his family I will always remember that the memories will never leave; Yesterday’s joy still exists, even in the midst of today’s sorrow.
my mom keeps telling me how lucky I am to have had eight years of love and memories with Mike. hate to be selfish ma, but I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him…
I will not forgive any of the people who enabled him. No, I will not be friends with you… You changed my best friend.